Last Monday began with a washing machine that practically caught fire...it was smoking galore. I called the repair man, but he couldn't come until today.
So, I endured going to the laundry mat with 4 children and 3 loads of laundry to do.(I left one with hubby b/c of his most "sincere" attitude, in need of adjustment). It's not a bad one, as a matter of fact, is a nice one. It has a 7-eleven for the kids-score! Slurpees are on the menu that day for sure! Downside- $20.00 for the bill!! Ugh!
I did some laundry at my Mother in Laws on Friday (which actually she was so nice-she washed it, dried it and folded it to help me :) ). That was 3 more loads.
The repair man came today, look at my Amana machine (that has endured 5 years of tons of laundry...you're talkin' 7 of us, with daily fill ups of 2-3 loads, so it has given it's time).......and he says "Well, it needs a new belt that would be $120, then the bearings need to be replaced and they would be about $100 a piece. You might as well push this thing right out the door and get yourself a new one! I can't see you paying all that money to have to possibly replace the same parts again."
Ugh!!
Not what I wanted to hear, that is for sure! So, I am currently looking for washing machines-on a strict budget. Not so fun. I really wanted to be doing laundry right now-yes, the girl who wrote this post!! I need clean undies to tell the truth.
I may be at the laundry mat again this week until we can buy one....that means another, what, $40 bucks I will probably spending........oh well, at least a slurpee will be in the deal (ok...Erica...I'll try and find a sugar free one:) )!
Any suggestions, just let me know....remember I do have 7 of us and lots of clothes to clean every day, so it has to be heavy duty!!
On a happy note, I have been going to aerobics classes on Monday and Thursday nights. I'm feeling really good about it. I made my friends, Susan and Erica join me to sweat! They happily obliged. I'll be there tonight sweating it out and feeling better about this body that needs to get skinny!!
Anywoo....here are a couple pics just to enjoy! We were at my In laws pool-what a great day!







1 comment:
Looks like a fun pool trip. Where did you get the cute lady bug float?
Sorry about the washing machine. That stinks. Try craigslist!
Post a Comment