I mean really? Does everything I do have to require a 20 minute list of please don't do that-just get it done. Can u please just unload the diswasher without taking a half an hour(finding him eating cookies and grapes instead). Ah..the joys of preteen mothering!
I don't think I signed up for this...did i?? No, Really...It shouldn't be that ridiculous to ask them to pick up their own clothes out of the floor or to put their toys back where they came from-should it?
I just wish they'd realize that I don't just sit on my butt all day- I work hard. I get up early, I get them off to school, I change(d) multiple diapers, wipe snotty noses and love them beyond measure.
However, I am finding that maybe my "thank you's" don't come from them-they come from my God who says that it shouldn't matter what others think (although I must admit I have a hard time with this). I just want an occasional pat on the back or a once in a while "Mom, your the best". Maybe I am not finding this because I do fall short and am not good enough.
I forget things, I yell, I argue, I make many mistakes...I am human. I am not superwoman. I am just a regular woman who decided to have 5 beautiful children who without fail still kiss her goodnight....(that's one thing that doesn't get complicated)
Park City Utah
4 years ago







1 comment:
Are you kidding me? You're a great mom... anyone who can manage 5 kids in a 2 hour meeting w/o any melt downs is my hero! And yes, EVERYTHING requires a back and forth bickering session when you are a tween. Then if the task actually gets done... you're doing really good. ("I forgot".. does that sound familiar?) Don't be so hard on yourself... we all forget stuff, yell (some actually scream, throw things & temporarily lose their minds...), argue (w/ everyone in the house) & make mistakes (all the time)... shoot, I even had Madison threaten to call the police on me the other day. Silly child... Duct tape & the closet put an end to that one real quick (I'm so kidding... however the thought seemed like a good one at the moment!) I'm sure my neighbors think I'm a lunatic (thin walls)... but at the end of the day we get snuggles & sweet kisses... and all of those wonderful reminders that we're not going crazy & our kids are halfway normal after all. It's then we realize it's all worth it! We are good moms! You may not be superwomen but you are definitely a supermom! Stop beating yourself up... beat the kids instead!
Post a Comment