Did ya miss me??
I'm finally home. Rested, relaxed and ready to get to work.....ahem...ok...so maybe just rested and relaxed!
We had a very exhausting, but productive trip to Denver. We accomplished a lot for the bookstore and checked out a bunch of new product.......downside: um......like 100 boxes waiting to be checked in and put onto shelves...ugh! But that will hopefully happen quickly.
On to California.....what a BLAST!!! I so fell in love with my hubby all over again!!
We first went to visit his family in San Marcos. They were great and had dinner waiting for us right when we arrived. Then we had breakfast with them too....they were so sweet.
After that, we went to San diego Zoo....good, but not as wonderful as I expected....then again, it was a Zoo....more exciting for the kiddos...
Next stop was for our anniversary...we went to La Jolla beach...which for the first day I got terribly sick (due to the heat) and ended up in the hotel room....ugh. It ended up being kinda cool (not the sick part) at the hotel. Chris was hungry and went down to the hotels restuarant where apparently the two men that ran it were completely italian and he told them that I was sick and wanted some soup, however the one on the menu was too heavy....they said "noah problemo...we can fix her something perfecto!". AWESOME, Chris said. And it WAS!! They made homemade chicken soup with spinach and a fresh loaf of italian bread....Yummy. I didn't think I'd like the spinach, but it was incredible and really soothed my tummy!
The next morning we woke up early and spent the day at the beach, shopping, and eating out.
He bought me a sterling silver charm for my charm bracelet of a casted baby abalone shell found at wind 'n sea beach, CA!! (pic to come soon)
Then we ate at Georges at the Cove. It's a third level restuarant overlooking La Jolla. The food was great and the view a.maz.ing!!!! If you are ever in La Jolla, you have to go there!
Sunday we went to a church we know the Pastor's of. It was a great service. Then we went driving.
I have to say, this was the most romantic real vacation we have spent together. We really talked and loved on each other. What amazing things God can do when we let him.
More to come later.....(maybe some juicy details about our "change"..neva...know!)







4 comments:
You both look so relaxed in this picture and yes...the view is awesome. So pretty! I am so glad you and hubby had this time for yourselves...so needed! Huh! Love you!
I'm so glad you're back & so glad you had fun!
I love that picture of you guys.
Is the preacher someone I know?
So sorry to hear about Chris's dad. I'm praying.
Love you!
HI! I saw your comment on Mckmama! I wanted to share my website with you: Sugarandspice1.etsy.com
I will be donating a portion of all sales to the String of pearls to help families and babies like Stellan! I am trying to get it out there in any way I can! Please let your family, friends etc. I would really appreciate it!
Thanks!! :)
-lexi
Sugarandspice4baby.blogspot.com
ohhhhh, that water looks so relaxing. I'm glad you guys got some "us" time. make sure you keep it going with a date night or something.....
Post a Comment