Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Being like Abigail....

Today, I want to be like Abigail.

I don't know if your like me, but your husband is not always the "perfect" husband (I know I'm not the perfect wife), but I've really been praying for him. I know he has a lot on him. His job is stressful and he has a lot of hats to fill. Then, he comes home and the finances are not exactly perfect, kids having trouble at school, toddlers at his feet..so it's Alot.
I have really been struggling with the whole "Keep your mouth shut, allow God to talk to him" thing. I think as women we want it fixed-right then. Because that's what we do-we fix boo-boos, tears,dinners,etc. We want a easy fix. But God is showing me that it's time to let my husband be the head of the house and for me to trust God in it all.
Oh Boy!! That's a tough one. I sat down this morning to do a couple things and felt lead to send a prayer request-but I don't just send it without sending a scripture that lines up with what I am asking. So the Lord took me to 1 Sam. 25:1-43.


Abigail...she was obedient even when her husband acted like a complete fool! She kept her mouth shut until the Lord lead her. Her quick thinking saved her husbands life, Yet she didn't argue with him. She just quietly did what was right, despite her husband's attitude. Her example teaches us to do what's right and whats in our ability than trying to convince our husbands they are wrong (which is quite often what i do- I repent).

So I am trusting in God and letting my actions do the talking....how about you?




-----------------------------------------------------------------------
On another note, Please pray for my son. He's having issues at school and I need guidance from the Lord about how to deal with it in the right way.

3 John 4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth

Deut. 28: 1-6 v4 The fruit of your womb will be blessed,...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying. Awesome post!

fleur de lis cottage said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I so appreciate the honesty and transparency of your post. I'll be praying for your beautiful family.

holy experience

My Family from WiddlyTinks.com