Saturday, October 3, 2009

I think it's Something Newsworthy

It's funny she should ask:
Can you remember a time when you were touched by a simple human interaction? It doesn’t have to be newsworthy.


Yes,...Today, well, tonight as a matter of fact.


I had been to "Wally World" to do the first round of grocery shopping-with 3 of my children. It was a madhouse-people bumping carts, etc. By the end of the visit and after a screaming child, countless questions for this and that-I had had it.

I dropped them off to hubby and demanded to attend the next grocery shopping experience ALONE.

I do all my shopping at this next store, still a bit frantic trying to remember everything and get to the register. I get there, unscaved, Thank the Lord. Proceed to purchase my items and the bagger asks...

"Paper or Plastic, Mam?"
"Paper Please." I reply, not really paying that much attention until I go to thank him.

The bagger is an elderly gentleman and starts up a conversation after he's loaded my bags
 "Are you ok?"
I reply "I guess, just exhausted. Glad to have a break from the 5 kiddos"

He replies "You know, you have your plate full, but they are a blessing and it looks to me like you are a good mom, coming out here to shop this time of night"

I laugh. (He apparently didn't see me yell at them on the way home or the fact I just dropped them in the door and ran out-not just walked out-ran, mind you)
He says "God bless you. Take care of yourself. Take some time to do that. You deserve it."

I lost it. I cried all the way home. I needed to hear that. Thanks, Leon-My favorite Kroger baggerman!
(and I will be visiting that Kroger just for that bagger....I know God sent him just for me! :)

1 comment:

Kasie said...

aww, I love little moments like these! You ARE a good mom... one of the best I know!

holy experience

My Family from WiddlyTinks.com