I started the fast 3 days ago and it's going ok. Losing all the goodies has really been trying..however I have found a few recipes that have been good. Hubby certainly enjoyed the vegetable stir fry I made last night and loved it for lunch today too.
Grocery store shopping has been quite tasking considering I wanted everything that was in everyone elses cart! :) All these people with sugar coated donuts, chocolate(need I say more), coffee, sweet tea....((I'm having a short "sugarplum" dream!))
I keep reminding myself of what Pastor Cherie said Sunday morning "Say to yourself I am pressing forward and God's gonna meet me".......I've been saying that and it does seem to help! Praise the Lord!
The tv has been off too. It's been nice not hearing the junk that the world keeps saying! As for me and my house, I believe the best things are yet to come in 2009!!
I'm excited to see already what God is speaking to me. It just keeps ringing the same things-you take one step and God will shine a light for you to follow-He will meet you there, you just have to step out in faith!
Ah...the faith thing-I love my Jesus. I love the one who paid the ultimate price for my freedom. I am doing this to get closer to HIM. To forget the things of this world and look to Him.
What could you fast today that would draw you closer to HIM?
Park City Utah
4 years ago







2 comments:
one step at a time. He'll provide the grace, light & ability as needed. Thanks for the prayer tonight. I'm feeling much better. Love you!
I was considering my fast in my blog as well...and I just thought I'm gonna pray in the Holy Ghost...as we've got two birthday's coming up! Love ya!
Post a Comment